Monday, November 05, 2007

Vogue 2671 c. 1980s - Anne Klein Jumpsuit

Vogue 2671
c. 1980s
Vogue American Designers pattern - Anne Klein
Misses' Jumpsuit or Dress

Very loose-fitting dress or straight-legged jumpsuit has extended shoulders, below waistline seam, partially elasticized self-drawstring, self or contrast pants and skirt and side seam pockets. Pants have narrow hem. Edgestitch and topstitch.

Fabrics: Soft or crisp fabrics: lightweight crepe, silk broadcloth, challis, tissue faille, gauze and crepe de chine.

The yellow jumpsuit is the item I sewed with this pattern in the early 80s, using a butter cream yellow crepe de chine. A terrible color for me actually, but I was still a few years away from having my colors analyzed. Turned out that I was a winter and yellow - especially light yellows 0 are one color I could never wear.

The jumpsuit was sewn to wear when I went dancing. You know, jumpsuits were really popular and some of them were really cute, but they sure weren't very practical for wearing any length of time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

I've been reading your Sharon Sews blog for several months now, but just discovered this blog. Love It!

I too made the Vogue jumpsuit sometime in '80 or '81. I think it was a rayon turqoise orchid flower print. Wore it to death. I do seem to remember going to the ladies room was rather difficult--lots of acrobatics!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Mary in AR